Ability to manage one or more projects that require strict adherence to deadlines, budgets, and quality requirements, including ASME NQA-1 or other similar quality programs. The project manager has overall responsibility for the assigned projects, including the initial start-up, schedule, budget management, planning, execution, and required documentation. The project manager ensures compliance with all aspects of the contract (e.g. purchase order, drawings, specifications, statement of work, technical requirements, customer flow-downs, documentation, etc.). This individual will work with various resources within the company to accomplish the objectives of the project.
Our company primarily manufactures goods out of different types of steel. We perform fabrication, testing, and assembly for items such as gloveboxes, hotcells, pressure vessels, shielded containers, and other equipment for various DOE facilities. Project management experience directly related to this type of work is required.
Experience, Skills, and Responsibilities:
- Management/Leadership experience.
- Experience managing budgets and tracking project performance.
- Experience working to a quality assurance program.
- Self-initiative and problem solving with minimal oversight.
- Exhibit ownership and pride in all assignments.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, MS Project, or other scheduling software) with an emphasis on the ability to work efficiently and manipulate data within excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate professionalism in written and verbal communication. Ability to generate letters, proposals, emails, reports, etc. associated with both commercial and technical information.
- Detail oriented, organizational skills, and the ability to delegate tasks when needed.
- Communication skills and the ability to work with resources within Premier as well as subcontractors and customers.
- The ability to adapt and work well with others in a fast paced work environment.
- Develop and status schedules on a consistent basis.
- Read and understand complex contract documents and specifications and incorporate requirements into job manufacturing instructions.
- Read and interpret drawings/blueprints.
- Previous project management experience involving fabrication. Glovebox fabrication experience is preferred.
- Capture and manage commercial impacts throughout the life-cycle of projects. This may include generating estimates and proposals for the customer based on input from internal resources.
- Continuously monitor project progress and work with internal resources to ensure that budgets and schedules are met.
- Prepare internal bi-weekly financial reports and profit projections for all active projects.
- Communicate progress to the customer, management, and internal stakeholders.
- May play a role in project planning and estimating in the bid and proposal phase.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as required.
Minimum Education and/or Employment Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience includes time managing projects under an ASME NQA-1 quality assurance program.
Normal working schedule is 4 days per week, 10 hours per day. Mon-Thurs 7:00am-5:30pm. This position requires that the individual is flexible and can work additional hours if required.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of the conditions that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs and ladders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The job requires occasional overtime.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally exposed to a normal office environment as well as a fabrication shop environment that can be loud, cluttered and with occasional exposure to moving parts.
We are a federal contractor, as such, this position will work on government contracts and requires that you are a US Citizen (not just authorized to work in the US).