Primary Function: (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
· Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
· Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
· Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
· Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications.
· Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
· Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
· Performs a variety of inspection and gauging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
· Performs machine maintenance
· Other duties may be assigned.
Promote and actively embrace the concept of professionalism, with an emphasis on quality, commitment, integrity, ingenuity, teamwork, the community and the environment. Safety is a deeply rooted cultural value and it must be promoted and enforced at all times.
Associates Degree in Machining Technology and five plus year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MasterCam experience a plus.
Ability to program machines at the machine a plus.
Must understand G -Code
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a very dynamic environment – must have flexibility with an ability to focus.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of the conditions that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work